More and more businesses who appreciate the value of video to promote their product/services are turning to inhouse productions.
With technology the way it is this is very doable – Smartphones shoot high quality pictures. The vision can be edited on software that is freely available on Windows and Mac.
Nine quick tips for making your own videos
- If you don’t have a high quality video camera a modem smartphone will do
- If using a smartphone shoot landscape format not portrait
- Audio is every bit as important as the video – Invest in a microphone
- Lighting – where possible use natural light – if not invest in a small set of lights – cheap on the net
- Plan your project before you start. What do you want to achieve? How to best deliver your message
- Make the video entertaining. No one will sit through a boring video not matter how worthy
- Keep the video short. 60 seconds is a good length.
- A videos success can depend on the way it is edited. Keep each shot fairly brief. Make sure each shot flows into the next
- End with a call to action. What do you want your viewers to do next?
For more information call 0403 929245