Master of Ceremonies
Among the duties of a master of ceremonies.
- Make introductory and closing remarks
- Introduce speakers/sponsors/distinguished guests and performers
- Keep the program moving and to time
- Handle the housekeeping items and announcements
- When things don’t go as planned have the ability to improvise and keep the event on track.
The process of facilitation is a way of providing leadership without taking the reigns.
A facilitator’s job is to get others to assume responsibility and take the lead.
A good after dinner speaker can size up his audience quickly and make changes seamlessly to his address.
He needs to be a good raconteur with a sense of occasion and a sense of humour and is able to incorporate the theme of the night into his talk.
The Unicorn Foundation Gala Ball
Raising funds for neuroendocrine cancer trials